Monday, August 9, 2010

uncle zack by the beach - park royal penang

Last weekend we had some spare time and decided to check out Uncle Zack by-the-beach, a fairly new dining place in Park Royal hotel. Earlier we had came across a bunch of glowing reviews so... we'll get to that later.

The ambience is first rate if 1) you arrived early around 6-ish, and 2) you've never dined by the beach before. However, given the vast number of insect stings I accumulated, perhaps some insect repellent would be a nice addition :)

From food pics

Although I do not lay claim to being a foodie expert, I have had sufficient dining experience to be able to point out that the food is mediocre. Not too bad and not too good. Not feeling particularly adventurous, we started out with the gazpacho, continued with the tapas platter, and shared the 800g beef ribs.
I personally felt that the tapas platter was a mixmash of nasi kandar leftovers. But then again, to view it in a sliggggghtly more favorable light - it kinda reminded me of 1Malaysia spirit..

From food pics

The beef ribs came in a huge serving so sharing is advisable. I prefer my meat to be succulent and juicy - it fell a bit short of my expectations.

Now here is some humble opinion from yours truly: I could only make the deduction that being professional food blogs the floggers had the special TLC and attention from the good hotel folks...

- Serving was real slow although there were about maximum 8 tables occupied (maximum capacity is around 12-16 tables).
- By the time the food arrived at our table it was cold :( gazpacho excluded!
- The serving attendant was very attentive and friendly so I guess this is the silver lining..

Nuff said.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...