Sunday, January 5, 2014

AgilePoint InfoPath 2010 integration: Submit & Close button not showing on web browser forms

Situation: I had a web-browser enabled InfoPath 2010 form hosted in SharePoint that I wanted to apply AgilePoint workflows to. To my endless frustration, the "Submit and Close" button normally associated with InfoPath approvals simply would not appear, no matter how I tried.

According to AgilePoint documentation, I am supposed to perform several steps such as removing code from InfoPath (Form Options - Programming), closing the InfoPath form, opening AgilePoint envision, creating a dummy InfoPath template and that would fix the issue. Obviously this is not working for InfoPath 2010 web-browser enabled forms!



All the steps mentioned above merely inserted some JScript code into my InfoPath form, but JScript is no longer supported for InfoPath 2010 version. Hah, great.

By now I suspected my InfoPath is corrupted beyond recovery and I gave up. Since the lazy developer would avoid creating stuff from scratch at all costs...

Lucky for me BPMS 5.0 SP4 came with a feature that allows us to create a custom Data Connection to AgilePoint. So all I did was to remove all native submission methods from the toolbar and created buttons to submit to AgilePoint instead so that approvals would work.

This cost me a few hours of productivity loss. I hope this will help you in turn in case you need a workaround.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...